Gender and Political Finance in Ukrainian Elections: Sources of Income and Patterns of Power (with Meredith Applegate, Oleksii Sydorchuk and Yuliia Kryvinchuk). IFES, 2021.
Analysis of political finance provisions in Tanzania. IFES, 2021.
Third party regulation in the OSCE region. OSCE/ODIHR, 2020.
Cost of Representation: a Study of Women's Representation and political finance in Nepal (with Allison Cantrell and Meena Bhatta). IFES, 2020.
Gender-targeted public funding for political parties: A comparative analysis. International IDEA, 2018.
"Campaign Finance" (with Megan L. Ritchie) in International Election Remedies. Edited by Jack Young. American Bar Association, 2017.
Political Finance and the Equal Partication of Women in Tunisia: a Situation Analysis. International IDEA and the Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy, 2016.
“Sweden” in Checkbook elections (edited by Pippa Norris and Andrea Abel van Es). Oxford University Press 2016.
The State of Political Finance Regulations in Africa. International IDEA, 2016.
Political party financing and equal participation of women in Kenyan electoral politics: A situation overview (with Carol Lintari). International IDEA/NIMD 2015.
- Elections Worth Dying For? A Selection of Case Studies from Africa. Author of chapter "Money and Electoral Violence". IFES, 2014.
- Funding of Political Parties and Election Campaigns: a Handbook on Political Finance. Co-editor and author of chapters "Introduction to Political Finance", "Getting the Political Finance System Right" and "Africa". International IDEA, 2014.
- White Paper on Political Finance and Gender Equality. Co-author with Lolita Cigane. IFES, 2014.
- How to study the impact of political finance regulations. Paper presented at the IPSA World Congress, Montreal, July 2014.
- Financing Politics; Middle East and North Africa (editor), IFES, 2013.
- Political Finance Oversight Handbook, part of the Training in Detection and Enforcement (TIDE) curriculum. IFES, 2013.
Political Finance in Bangladesh: Assessment and Recommendations for Reform (with Lisa Klein & Megan Ritchie). IFES 2013.
- Political Finance Regulations Around the World, International IDEA, 2012. Also available in Spanish and Burmese.
- Regulations of Parliamentary Campaign Finance in Ukraine, IFES, Kiev 2012.
- A Global View of Political Finance Regulations as a Dependent Variable. Paper presented at the IPSA World Congress, Madrid, July 2012.
- The Serbian 2011 Law on Financing Political Activities - Legal provisions and recommendations for enforcement. IFES, Belgrade 2011.
- Political Finance Provisions in Liberia and suggestions for reforms. IFES, Monrovia 2011.
- Political Finance Regulations in Cambodia. IFES, Phnom Penh 2011.
- A brief introduction to public funding of political parties and election campaigns. IFES, Phnom Penh 2011.
- Global Trends in the Regulation of Political Finance. Paper presented at the IPSA-ECPR Joint Conference, Sao Paulo 16 – 19 February 2011.
- An Introduction to European Standards in Political Finance. Paper presented at the Armenian National Assembly Electoral Legislation Symposium. IFES, Yerevan 2010. Also available in Armenian.
- Regulating the Role of Money in Politics, An International Perspective and the Egyptian Context. IFES, Cairo 2010. Also available in Arabic.
- Abuse of Administrative Resources, Regulation in an International context and the Georgian Situation. IFES, Tbilisi 2010.
- Including political finance in international election observation missions. IFES and the Carter Center, 2010.
- “When Less is More, Technology solutions in candidate and party registration in Sierra Leone: Lessons learned and implications for EMB operations” in Direct Democracy: Progress and Pitfalls of Election Technology, IFES, 2010.
- Political Finance Regulation, the Global Experience (editor with Zainulbhai, Hani). IFES, Washington 2009. Author of chapters “Introduction”, “Practical Solutions for the Disclosure of Campaign and Political Party Finance“ (with Santucci, Jack), “Practical Solutions for the Public Funding of Political Parties and Election Campaigns“ and “Conclusions”. Also available in French, Russian, Dari and Pashto.
- Evaluating Electoral Processes: A Methodology for Practitioners (with Darnolf, Staffan & Sharma, Rakesh). Paper presented at the workshop on Comparative Democracy Assessment, Sandbjerg Gods, Nov 2009.
- Campaign Finance Oversight in the 2009 Presidential Elections in Afghanistan, IFES Political Finance White Paper Series, No 7. IFES, Kabul 2009. Also available in Dari and Pashto.
- The Political Finance Framework in Lebanon. An Analysis of the oversight mechanisms put in place for the 2009 Parliamentary Elections. IFES, Beirut 2009.
- “The 2007 presidential and parliamentary elections in Sierra Leone” in Electoral Studies, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2008.
- “Public funding solutions, a comparative perspective” in Nigeria Political Finance Newsletter, Vol 7. IFES, Abuja 2006.
- How Can International Non-Governmental Organisations Assist Increased Inclusiveness in the Iraqi Political System? Paper Presented at the Conference on “Equal Representation – A Challenge for Democracy and Democracy Promotion”, Uppsala, Sweden April 3–4, 2006.
- Political Parties and Democracy Assistance, (Lead writer, with Ahlbäck Öberg, S & Holmbäck, B & Wockelberg, H & Åberg, V), Department of Government, Uppsala University, 2004.
- The Heart and Soul of the Party, Candidate Selection in Ghana and Africa. PhD thesis, Department of Government, Uppsala University, 2004.
- ”Determining the Contestants, Candidate Selection in Ghana’s Parties for the 2000 Elections" in Critical Perspectives, No 8. Center for Democratic Development, Accra, 2002.
- “Public Funding of Political Parties in Africa” in Conference Report, International IDEA/SADC “Towards Sustainable Democratic Institutions in Southern Africa” (Gaborone, Botswana 2000). International IDEA, Stockholm, 2001.
- Utvärdering av stöd genom svenska partianknutna organisationer, (with Uggla, F & Bennich-Björkman, L & Hadenius, A & Nornvall, F & Tamra, A) (”Evaluation of aid through Swedish party-related organisations”), Department of Government, Uppsala University, 2000.
- The Importance of Elites' Attitudes and Behaviour for Democracy in African Societies. Paper presented at the International Student Research Workshop. University of Western Cape, Cape Town, 1999.